Skip to content
- Take the Poll about D.O.T. Changes to W.E.A. by 3/31 Community Board 7/Manhattan is conducting a survey to measure the impacts of the City’s D.O.T modifications on West End Avenue between 72nd and 106th Streets. They are interested in your opinions and experiences since the recent changes were put in place. (The DOT Corridor Safety project is available at www.nyc.gov/mcb7.)
The survey takes approximately 7 minutes ...
- Annual Holiday Party! Monday, Dec. 3 in the building lobby. Everyone’s invited, and it’s free!
Plenty of food and a strolling magician! Presented by our Fitness Center.
- Hurricane Sandy Relief
If you would like to volunteer or donate to help those displaced by Hurricane Sandy and to start the rebuilding process, here are some useful links:
NYCService has links to official ways via the City to volunteer and donate money or goods to those in need. Click the link below to find out ...
- How to be a Street-Smart Senior Protecting Yourself, Elderly Family and Friends from Scams and Abuse, Thursday, October 18, 2012, 7 – 9 p.m.
A Free Program for People of All Ages with a Question & Answer Session Presenters:
Gary S. Brown, Assistant Attorney General-in-Charge
New York Attorney General’s Regional Office in Westchester, and Consumer Protection Specialist
Douglas Kaufman, Assistant District Attorney at New York ...
- Free Flu Shots Weds. Oct 17
Wednesday, Oct. 17, 2012 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
at the Marseilles Residence, 230 W. 103rd Street.
To register send your name, address, and phone number to email@example.com
or call (212) 842-8831, then press 8. Sponsored by St. Luke’s and Roosevelt Hospitals.
- Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Detectors The City of New York has recently amended the laws regarding the installation of carbon monoxide (“CO”) and smoke detectors in every apartment of the building. The CO and smoke detectors that were installed in 2004 have outlived their useful life and must be replaced. The new law requires that all CO detectors have an ...
- About June 2012’s STAR rebate Dear Shareholders,
NYS recently set a cap on the annual increase allowed under the STAR (School Tax Relief) program and retroactively applied it to the 2011/2012 fiscal tax year ending June 2012.
On your August maintenance bill you will notice a charge called “STAR” for $15.34. This is the NYS chargeback to STAR recipients that represents the ...
- Town Hall Meeting Weds, July 18, 6:00 – 8:00 PM Manhattan Borough President Scott M. Stringer, in cooperation with Congressman Charles B. Rangel, State Senator Adriano Espaillat, Councilmember Inez E. Dickens, Councilmember Melissa Mark-Viverito, and Community Board 7 Invite you to a
Town Hall Meeting
Do you live in the West 90’s or West 100’s?
• Speak to representatives from government agencies • Talk with your neighbors
• Share ...
- Fire Escape Maintenance Scheduled
Please be advised that a contractor will begin scraping, priming and painting the fire escape on Monday, July 16th and is scheduled to be completed by Friday, July 20th, weather permitting. The work will take place between the hours of 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
During this time, please be sure to keep your ...
- Update on Projects
Board of Directors Meeting 875 WEA Apartment Corp June 20, 2012, 6-8:00 PM
Update on Projects:
Repair of Back Marble Stairs. The steps of floors lobby-4 have become worn and will be repaired.
Fire Escape Painting. The fire escape has become rusty and will be painted some time during the summer or early Fall.
Insertion of Water Back Flow ...
- Email distribution list
875 WEA Residents—
The email distribution list I am using is tied to our old website, cannot be accessed and needs updating.
If you’d like to be on our new building-wide email distribution list please send me a new email from each separate email address you’d like included. Please include the name and apartment number associated with ...
- Yard Sale This Saturday! Yard Sale This Saturday!
- New 875 Website Launches! We’ve got a sharp-looking new building website. It makes things easier to find, and offers a bunch of interesting, useful and new features that include:
A New Calendar
News & Announcements
875-Only Classified Ads
A photo gallery
Expanded Neighborhood links
But wait…there’s more! Your participation is encouraged. If you have a good photo or anecdote about the building or neighborhood don’t ...
- Free Electronics & Textile Recycling Free Electronics & Textile Recycling
- Newly Refurbished Laundry Room Reopens Friday, March 30 The new digital laundry system is resident-friendly. It is very easy to use, with no extra laundry card required. The new system offers payment flexibility. Residents will have the option of using credit or debit cards or coins.
The new system offers automatic problem reporting, and is linked directly to the service technician for convenience. ...
- Fitness Room Closed Weds. March 21 Due to a NYC code that requires us to install a sprinkler system in the renovated laundry room the fitness room will be closed on Wednesday March 21st.
The contractor will be installing water piping that will include welding, so no one will be allowed in the room at that time. They anticipate the work ...
- New Relief Employee Please be advised that a new relief employee, Francisco Santana will be on the door Friday and Saturday mornings from 8am to 5pm to fill-in for VJ. Francisco will be called in to work the door as needed when employees are ill or on vacation.
Please note that replies to this email are not forwarded ...
- New Laundry Room As you are probably aware; a new laundry company will renovate the laundry room and install all new equipment. The laundry room will go out of service on Monday, March 19, 2012, to begin the renovation work.
The grand reopening date is to be determined pending completion of the work. You will be notified of ...
- 2011 Holiday Schedule
Martin Luther King Day
Monday, January 17, 2011
Monday, February 21, 2011
Tuesday, April 19, 2011 & Wednesday, April 20, 2011
All workmen leave by 3:00P.M. on Monday, April 18, 2011
Friday, April 22, 2011
Monday, May 30, 2011
Monday, July 4, 2011 (Observed)
Monday, September 5, 2011
Thursday, September 29, 2011 & Friday, September 30, 2011
All workmen ...
- Board Members Email the Board of Directors: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bernice Belth-Garbers, President Apt. 6G
Stephanie Lasher, Vice President Apt. 4B
Pegi Gorelick, Treasurer Apt. 10A
Miriam Grosof, Director Apt. 6B
Bruce Gordon, Secretary Apt. 14/15F
Marina Higgins, Director Argo Corp.
Christopher March, Director Apt. 16A
- June 29, 2011 Election Results At the June 29 meeting, the following were elected to the Board:
Bruce Gordon, Marina Higgins, Stephanie Lasher and Christopher March