875 West End Avenue Corp. Policy for Use of Community Room
for Private Events as of 9/8/10
NOTE: Policy subject to change. See the Community Room bulletin board for current Policy and Reservation Request Form and Agreement, also available from Doorman.
RULES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND PROCEDURES
- Reservations are required. The individual making the reservation and hosting the event (the “Host”) must be an adult shareholder or renter. Reservations on behalf of non-shareholders or non-renters are not permitted. Reservations are on a first-come first-served basis and limited to one per day. Series of events must be reserved one event at a time. The Community Room bulletin board will show reserved slots.
- To request a reservation, the Host must complete the RESERVATION REQUEST FORM and sign and date the AGREEMENT on the reverse side of this page, and submit it at least two weeks in advance of the event to the Community Room Committee designated by the Board, accompanied by a refundable deposit check for $50 and a non-refundable fee check for $100, both made out to 875 W.E. Apartment Corp. RESERVATION REQUEST FORMS are available at the front desk, from the Doorman.
- A copy of the RESERVATION REQUEST FORM and AGREEMENT signed by the Community Room Coordinator and returned to the Host grants an approved reservation.
- To complete the reservation process and guarantee exclusive use of the Community Room, the Host must sign the event into the event book available with the Doorman, and post the reservation date and time on the bulletin board in the Community Room so that residents know in advance that the room will be unavailable during the reserved time.
- Attendance at parties and events is by invitation of the Host only; no events open to the general public or that charge admission are permitted.
- Attendance may not exceed 75 individuals at a time.
- Private events are limited to four hours, including set up and clean up time.
- Children’s parties must have adequate adult supervision; at least one responsible adult must be present for every five children aged 12 and under.
- The Host must be present in the Community Room throughout the event.
- The Host is personally responsible for maintenance of order at all times, and for seeing that all participants abide by these RULES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND PROCEDURES.
- The Host (not building staff) is responsible for room preparation before and cleanup immediately after the event. The $50 deposit will be returned after the event and cleanup, minus the cost of anything required to restore the space to its condition before the event; the Host is personally responsible for making up any shortfall if more than the deposit is required for restoring the space.
- The Host is personally liable for any damage to the space and its facilities, as well as any other property damage or personal injury sustained at the event.
- Recreational activities, within reason, are permitted in the Community Room. Prohibited are: Pets; water play, including water balloons and squirt guns; and anything reasonably likely to endanger self or others.
- Strictly prohibited in the Community Room and all public areas of the building are: Smoking; roughhousing; possession or consumption of alcohol by minors; possession of hazardous materials or weapons; any illegal activity, including gambling and possession of illegal substances; and anything (including noise) reasonably likely to annoy or interfere with the quiet enjoyment by residents of their apartments and the public spaces in and around the building.
- Attendees at events are required to follow the directives of building staff and management. Attendees are to show respect for the building, its residents and staff, and to exercise common sense and good manners.
- The hallway door to the Community Room shall be locked at 11:00 p.m. by the doorman, and unlocked at 9:00 a.m. by the doorman.
AGREEMENT BY AND BETWEEN 875 W.E. APARTMENT CORP.
AND THE UNDERSIGNED SHAREHOLDER/RENTER:
- I certify that the above information on this RESERVATION REQUEST FORM is accurate and complete and that I have read and understand the RULES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND PROCEDURES on the reverse side of this page. I agree that I and all attendees at this event will abide by said RULES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND PROCEDURES.
- I understand that use of the Community Room for private events is a privilege available only to shareholders and renters in good standing. In return for this privilege, I agree that this event will conform to the conditions specified above in this form, that I will be personally responsible for the maintenance of order at all times during this event, and that the space will be left in the condition in which I found it.
- I understand that the penalty for violating this agreement may be loss of this privilege and imposition of a fine.
- I agree that the cost of anything required to restore the space to its condition before the event will be deducted from my deposit, and that I shall be personally responsible for making up any shortfall if more than the deposit is required for restoring the space.
- I understand and agree that I am personally liable as shareholder/renter for any damages to the space and its facilities, as well as any other property damage or personal injury sustained at the event.
- I agree that neither I nor any attendees of this event will hold 875 W.E. Apartment Corp., its officers or directors, or the Managing Agent, responsible or liable for any claim, loss, expense, injury, or damage resulting from the use of the Community Room for this event.